The ultimate dad joke compilation
Reblog for “Robeneros”
one time my dad walked into the living room with a Blue Moon beer and said “I don’t always drink beer… only once in a Blue Moon” and I started crying
Narrating People’s Lives: In the Aisles! by Thomas Sanders
I love how the dad does this side-glance at his kid like “You’re about to be embarrassed so hard, son”
Cat doesn’t know what to do with the butterfly that flew on its paw.
I can’t breathe I’m laughing too hard
I rarely ever do posts like this, but I feel like this will really matter to some people.
AO3 is asking for some money, to keep the organization going. I don’t know about you, but I LOVE ao3. There probably hasn’t been a day I haven’t been on it in the last two years, I and seriously doubt there is anyone who reads fanfiction and doesn’t know of this wonderful site.
Now clearly, one could say there are better causes to put your money to, especially on a site like tumblr. But for some people, fanfiction and fanart is their escape, I’ve read lots of stories about people being depressed and then finding out about certain ships and then becoming much happier people, and personally, fanfiction is the reason I started making friends through the internet and connecting with people because of what I love.
So all I’m asking is, that if you’ve ever seen a fanwork on ao3, smiled at fluff, or ogled at a particularly smutty fan art, try to give just a little bit of money to this site. And if not, try to spread the word like I am! I’m not a staff member or anything, I just am a fan that really wants to let this site know how much we as fandoms love and appreciate what they are doing. So please, please, please, reblog this, or click one of the links below to help out!
Thanks so much!
SIGNAL BOOST! This site, unlike others I shall not name, does NOT limit what you can write, if you can imagine it, they allow it!
BOFA behind the scenes from DoS EE
I see 2007 and think “oh 3 years ago” and then it hits me that it was 7 fucking years ago
A GIF showing what it’s like to wake up with sleep paralysis.
You’re forgetting the terrifying hallucinations
As someone who’s had sleep paralysis multiple times, let me tell you that if your mind has woken up and your body hasn’t DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN YOUR EYES. Wake your body up first by slowly trying to move it, wiggle your toes and hands, then gradually work your way up until your body is fully awake. Opening your eyes when you have sleep paralysis is hard enough, but when you do there is a good chance you can see hallucinations like this.
I also have been the victim of sleep paralysis too many times, its bad enough without hallucinations, and so i thought i would add some info on sleep paralysis for anyone who suffers from it.
- As Shada said, wiggling toes and hands are good ways to snap out of it, although other small body parts work, even humming/talking (although things related to breathing might be more difficult). Just FOCUS on one part, its hard to regain control, but easy to become paralyzed again.
- Once you can move again, dont go right back to sleep, you might get paralyzed again. Or have the worst dreams of your life. Turn on a light, do something relaxing, like reading a book. Its been said that looking at a light before sleeping can prevent sleep paralysis.
- Sleeping on your back rises the chances of you getting sleep paralysis. If you get it a lot, pay attention to what position you are in when it occurs.
- Hallucinations, the best part, arent just things like in the gif above. They could be anything from just dark shapes floating around, to scary monsters and demons to sounds and feeling like something is shaking/touching you. I’ve had an experience where it felt like my bed was shaking while a metallic screeching sound roared whenever i tried to breath. Solution? ignore it. Its all you can do. Hallucinations cant actually do anything to you, and you cant move again if you’re being distracted. And once the paralysis is gone, so are the hallucinations.
- Most people dont really have to worry, they will only get it once or twice in their life. Maybe not even ever! :D
listen to the person above when they say you should NOT open your eyes, because chances that you’ll see something that is uniquely terrifying to you are strong. and if it’s really bad, you might even start seeing scary shit even when your eyes are closed
my tip is to imagine the most ridiculous image/scene ever and keep replaying it in your head, over and over again, like robert downey jr butt naked or hugh dancy being confronted by police for taking pictures of airport carpets, etcetera etcetera
trust me. it works
reblogging because this is important and because you mentioned Hugh Dancy and his ridiculous airport carpet obsession
No but really sleep paralysis is fucking terrifying.
This is excellent advise I must keep in mind.
Sleep Paralysis is, indeed, fucking terrifying (first-hand experience), so if it happened to you or to anyone you know and there’s a possibility it can happen again, read and share this.
I REALLY NEEDED TO KNOW THIS AND OTHERS SHOULD KNOW THIS TOO. This is the very god damn reason I can’t sleep in the fucking dark. I’ve only had it once but that one time was all I needed to erase my long time in therapy and bring me back to step 1. I had no fucking idea what sleep paralysis was and the fact that it gave you hallucinations. So please, if you have debilitating horror triggers, READ THIS. PLEASE DONT SCROLL PAST THIS, YOU MAY NEED THIS.
Personnally ive had sleep paralysis at least 6 Times in my life as much as i can remember, let me tell you this shit aint fun and ive had hallucination for 5 out of 6 times it happened! I hope following This instuctions will help !
One time i got to crush the skull of the monster/thing annoying me between my hands literally, that was pretty gory and weirdly kind of therapeutic :/